Types of Auto Insurance

If you are a resident of Oakland Park, FL, who needs auto insurance, then speak to eAdvisorPro Property & Casualty LLC about your options.

When purchasing auto insurance, your first step is to establish what is required by the state. The requirements will vary from state to state, but FL specifically may require two types of insurance for the individual vehicle owner. The first is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Property Damage Liability (PD). PIP is for if you (and depending on the structure of the insurance) certain other individuals if you sustain injuries in a vehicle accident. PD is for damage sustained to someone else’s property. For each of these insurances, a minimum of $10,000 in coverage is required.

You may also be required to purchase bodily injury coverage (BI); this depends on your driving history and whether you have caused bodily injury to someone else or received citations.

When purchasing auto insurance, you should consider what type of insurance you need. The two main aspects of auto insurance are liability and comprehensive/collision. Liability insurance is always a good idea because you never know if you accidentally become legally liable for damaging someone’s property or causing bodily injury.

The second aspect concerns damage to your vehicle. Collision insurance will provide financial protection against damage when your car is damaged or destroyed in an accident. On the other hand, comprehensive auto insurance provides financial protection against damage due to an auto accident and financial protection against accidental damage, loss, or theft of your vehicle. There are also several add-ons insurance options available.

There is a range of auto insurances to choose from, so speak to eAdvisorPro Property & Casualty LLC serving Oakland Park, FL, today regarding your options.